Depending on your client, the ATO requires a number of items to be completed by January 15:
- Lodge tax returns for taxable large/medium entities as per the latest year lodged (all entities other than individuals), unless required earlier.
- Payment for large/medium entities with a 15 January due date is:
- 1 December 2020 – for companies and super funds
- For trusts – as stated on their notice of assessment.
Note: You cannot request an agent assessed deferral from this date or assume a later date for lodgment on the basis that the taxpayer will be non-taxable in the current year.AUSTRALIAN TAX OFFICE
- Lodge tax return for the taxable head company of a consolidated group (including a new registrant) that has a member who has been deemed a large/medium entity in the latest year lodged, unless the return was required earlier. Payment was due 1 December 2020.
- Link to ATO Website: https://www.ato.gov.au/Tax-professionals/Prepare-and-lodge/Due-dates/January-2021/
- For assistance from Intello: https://intello.com.au/contact/