We are looking for an intermediate SMSF accountant with the right mix of experience, talent and drive who is motivated to meet deadlines, tenacious and passionate about delivering high quality client services. An accountant who balances the spreadsheet with business nous, and brings resourcefulness to challenging funds.
This role is for the Intello SMSF Administration business. Intello is a wholly owned subsidiary of Quill Group.
Quill Group is a multidisciplinary business and is well known for being a market leader with innovative technology solutions providing clients with expert service in Accounting, Financial Planning, Superannuation and Insurance.
We have a great team environment with a friendly, service orientated culture that promotes innovation and is driven by our values to be Insatiably Positive, Absolutely Accountable and Passionate Advocates.
Headquartered in the beautiful Gold Coast and with offices in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Adelaide this SMSF accountant role can be based in any of our locations with the ability to work remotely using the latest secure cloud technology and quality equipment.
Intello was launched by Quill Group in 2014 under the name Superfund Wholesale to look after SMSFs on behalf of financial advisers. The name changed to Intello in 2017.
The business grew quickly and currently looks after more than 2,000 SMSFs on behalf of 150 financial advice and accounting businesses from around Australia.
Intello was awarded the SMSF Administrator of the Year award by SMSF Adviser in 2016 and 2017 and was the runner up in the same category in 2018 and 2019.
Intello does not outsource work offshore. All our team and all work and client information is handled within Australia.
Ideally, you will have a degree in Accounting with 3 to 5 years’ experience in public practice accounting and solid SMSF experience. Being an accredited SMSF Specialist Advisor is highly regarded, but not a deal breaker.
You exhibit strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills coupled with a proven ability to multitask and shift your focus across tasks as required.
You have great interpersonal communication skills with a passion for providing quality service to your clients by demonstrating an inquisitive nature to deliver solutions and provide a holistic service.
Key SMSF accountant job responsibilities will include
- Providing practical compliance based activity and maintaining strong business relationships with the specialist advisers we work with
- Produce consistent high standard of work that meets all regulatory and legislative requirements and follows internal procedures
- Efficient and independent preparation of SMSF financial statements, annual returns and all other SMSF compliance requirements for a significant client base
- Playing an active part in our business-wide focus on continuous improvement
- Deliver client centric and holistic services to our diverse portfolio of clients
- Possess an extremely good understanding of SMSF accounting principles
- Experience with cloud based SMSF administration software such as Class Super (preferred)
How to apply for the SMSF accountant role
If you are an experienced SMSF accountant looking to take the next step in your career and want to join a dynamic group of people who are client focused and ambitious about achieving great outcomes, then please apply now!
Please email your confidential application including a cover letter that outlines how you would be a great fit for the team along with your resume to email@example.com
You can also submit your application via the Quill Group LinkedIn job advert here.